Friday, August 3, 2018

Muley

I had two amazing great aunts and their impact on my life is immeasurable.  When they would get irritated with each other, which didn't happen often, the word 'muley' would creep into their dialogue.


This is my interpretation of muley: adhering to only one way of thinking because you are blinded to other perspectives. Now what blinds us is a topic for another day, but I wanted to share with you a Ted Talk that convicted me about the consequences of being blinded.

(Let me give a shout out to my daughter, Katherine, 
who lovingly prohibits blinders in our family. 
Thank you, KP!)


Until tomorrow,
Shelli

Preconceived notions are the locks on the door to wisdom. 
~Merry Browne

O Lord, help me not to despise or oppose what I do not understand.
 ~William Penn







No comments:

Post a Comment